A 'human readable' summary of our Returns Policy
Returns & Refunds
If you wish to return your products for an exchange or refund, you can do so at any time up to 30 days after receiving it.
Faulty or damaged products
In the unlikely event that a delivered product (including made-to-measure items) is faulty or damaged, we will exchange it or provide you with a full refund (including delivery charges) as long as we are notified of the products fault within 30 days of it being delivered to you.
We will arrange for our specialist piano transporters to collect pianos and for our couriers to collect furniture items, for example, music cabinets and piano stools.
Other small products may be returned using a trackable delivery method.
Products not required
You may return products you do not require for a refund.
If you cancel your order within 14 days following the date of delivery, we will give you a full refund (including delivery charges).
If you advise us of your proposed return within 30 days (but more than 14 days) following the date of delivery, we will give you a full refund (excluding delivery charges).
Made-to-measure products may not be returned unless they are faulty or have been damaged in transit.
The 'legal blurb' of our Returns Policy
This agreement applies as between you, the User of this Website and John Bayles Pianos, the owner(s) of this Website. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
No part of this Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer and our acceptance of that offer is deemed to occur upon our sending a dispatch email to you indicating that your order has been fulfilled and is on its way to you.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Paid Content and / or any communications System on the Website;
means any third party responsible for transporting purchased Goods from our Premises to customers;
means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website;
means any products that John Bayles Pianos advertises and / or makes available for sale through this Website;
"John Bayles Pianos"
means John Bayles Pianos - 4 Dorset Close, Attleborough, Norfolk, NR17 2HW, United Kingdom (Office address);
means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that John Bayles Pianos makes available through the Website either now or in the future;
means any details required for the purchase of Goods from this Website. This includes, but is not limited to, credit / debit card numbers, bank account numbers and sort codes;
means collectively any orders, invoices, dispatch notes, receipts or similar that may be in hard copy or electronic form;
means our place(s) of business located at 4 Dorset Close, Attleborough, Norfolk, NR17 2HW,
United Kingdom (Office address);
means any online communications infrastructure that
John Bayles Pianos makes available through the Website either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
"User" / "Users"
means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by John Bayles Pianos and acting in the course of their employment; and
means the website that you are currently using (www.johnbaylespianos.com) and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. subdomain.www.johnbaylespianos.com) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- Age Restrictions
Persons under the age of 18 should use this Website only with the supervision of an Adult. Payment Information must be provided by or with the permission of an Adult.
These Terms and Conditions also apply to customers buying Goods in the course of business.
- International Customers
If Goods are being ordered from outside John Bayles Piano's country of residence, import duties and taxes may be incurred once your Goods reach their destination. John Bayles Pianos is not responsible for these charges and we undertake to make no calculations or estimates in this regard. If you are buying internationally, you are advised to contact your local customs authorities for further details on costs and procedures. As the purchaser of the Goods, you will also be the importer of record and as such should ensure that your purchase is in full compliance with the laws of the country into which the Goods are being imported. Please be aware that Goods may be inspected on arrival at port for customs purposes and John Bayles Pianos cannot guarantee that the packaging of your Goods will be free of signs of tampering.
- Goods, Pricing and Availability
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all graphical representations and descriptions of Goods available from John Bayles Pianos correspond to the actual Goods, John Bayles Pianos is not responsible for any variations from these descriptions. This does not exclude our liability for mistakes due to negligence on our part and refers only to variations of the correct Goods, not different Goods altogether. Please refer to Clause 7.a for incorrect Goods.
- Where appropriate, you may be required to select the required [size] [model] [colour] [number] [other features] of the Goods that you are purchasing.
- John Bayles Pianos does not represent or warrant that such Goods will be available. Stock indications are provided on the Website, however these may not take into account sales that have taken place during your visit to the web site.
- All pricing information on the Website is correct at the time of going on-line. John Bayles Pianos reserves the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary.
- In the event that prices are changed during the period between an order being placed for Goods and John Bayles Pianos processing that order and taking payment, you will be contacted prior to your order being processed with details of the new price.
- John Bayles Pianos will notify you by way of email when your goods are to be dispatched to you. The message will contain details of estimated delivery times in addition to any reasons for a delay in the delivery of the Goods purchased by you.
- If John Bayles Pianos receives no communication from you, within 7 working days of delivery, regarding any problems with the Goods, you are deemed to have received the Goods in full working order and with no problems.
- Returns & Refunds Policy
John Bayles Pianos aims to always provide high quality Goods that are fault free and undamaged. On occasion however, goods may need to be returned. Returns are governed by these Terms and Conditions.
- If you receive Goods which do not match those that you ordered, unless accompanied by an explanatory note detailing the changes, stating reasons for the changes and setting out your options, you should contact us within 14 working days to arrange collection and return. John Bayles Pianos is responsible for paying shipment costs. You will be given the option to have the Goods replaced with those ordered (if available) or to be refunded through the payment method used by you when purchasing the Goods. Refunds and replacements will be issued upon our receipt of the returned Goods.
- If any Goods you have purchased have faults when they are delivered to you, you should contact John Bayles Pianos within 30 days to arrange collection and return. John Bayles Pianos is responsible for paying shipment costs. Goods must be returned in their original condition with all packaging and documentation. Upon receipt of the returned Goods, the price of the Goods, as paid by you, will be refunded to you through the payment method used by you when purchasing the Goods.
- If any Goods develop faults within their warranty period, you are entitled to a repair or replacement under the terms of that warranty.
- If Goods are damaged in transit and the damage is apparent on delivery, you should sign the delivery note to the effect that the goods have been damaged. In any event, you should report such damage to John Bayles Pianos within 14 working days and arrange collection and return. John Bayles Pianos is responsible for paying shipment costs. Upon receipt of the returned Goods, the price of the Goods, as paid by you, will be refunded to you through the payment method used by you when purchasing the Goods.
You have a statutory right to a "cooling off" period. This period begins once your order is complete and ends 14 working days after the Goods have been delivered. If you change your mind about the goods within this period, please return them to John Bayles Pianos within 14 working days of receipt. John Bayles Pianos are responsible for paying shipment costs if Goods are returned for this reason. If you advise us of your proposed return within 30 days (but more than 14 working days) following the date of delivery we will give you a full refund excluding delivery charges.
- If you wish to return Goods to John Bayles Pianos for any of the above reasons, please contact us to make the appropriate arrangements.
John Bayles Pianos reserves the right to exercise discretion with respect to any returns under these Terms and Conditions. Factors which may be taken into account in the exercise of this discretion include, but are not limited to:
- Any use or enjoyment that you may have already had out of the Goods;
- Any characteristics of the Goods which may cause them to deteriorate or expire rapidly;
- The fact that the Goods consist of audio or video recordings or computer software and that the packaging has been opened;
- Any discounts that may have formed part of the purchase price of the Goods to reflect any lack of quality made known to the Customer at the time of purchase.
Such discretion to be exercised only within the confines of the law.
- Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and John Bayles Pianos shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and John Bayles Pianos and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.